Monday, February 4, 2013

January ~ Lets Go Shopping.



Hmmm, This is actually my first actual post on this Blog.

I suppose I should have done a introduction entry first but, I can wait till February for that.  February, That's the month I decided would be the "start" of this new Blog due to the fact I had the flu for the first two weeks of January {Yey! Uhg.}.
         Anyways...  On to the Spending.  This won't cover any essentials like toothbrushes or such, Just purely entertainment. I really took it easy this month, After December I felt guilty even though basically everything I bought for myself were extremely good deals but.. Whatever....





Loveless 10:   4 Months after 9.  Thank You Viz.
      Back when I picked up Volume 9, Volume 8 had been released by TokyoPop in 2008.  I didn't realize just how long it had been in between TP shutting down and VIZ picking up the series, Now.... Over 4 Years since Volume 8 was released in English.. I'll have to re-read 1 through 8 to make sure the switch in companies doesn't effect the flow of the story.
     If it does?  VIZ is releasing 1 through 8 in Omnibus format with a few extras added.  If everything is all right with the flow however I can't see myself double dipping for just the extras and maybe one colored page that TP had skipped in one of it's Volumes.






Star Ocean 2: The Second Story;  Yes, It's a Playstation 1 game.
      I'm always a little worried about trusting Amazon sellers for used games, They stretch the meaning of the words "Like New" to the point of absurdity.  If it doesn't come in the original box or doesn't have the game manual... It is by no means "Like New".  Meh.
    This one, I somehow found at a local used game/book/movie store that tends to overprice everything.. For 17 Dollars after Tax.  When I saw it in the locked cabinet I thought;  Oh Shit, They are probably going to want 50 for it.   To my delighted surprise it was only 15.99, Thought something could be wrong with it but after getting the employee to hand it over.. Case, Manual, Game Discs all in excellent condition.
     It Came Home With Me.   Now I need to find the time to replay it.




Playstation Plus Membership;   15 Months.
     It's all the fault of God of War Saga, It came with a 30 Day PSN+ Voucher. After activating it the second week in January to mess around with the new God of War Online I sort of became addicted to the Freebies. Well, Okay they are really not "Free" you are sort of paying a monthly fee to "Rent" the free stuff but still...
    Honestly, I was a little iffy about purchasing the membership. A Year for 50 Dollars, Then Sony decides to make it 15 Months for the 50 dollars.   Under 4 Dollars a Month, Not bad.   By the time my Subscription runs out the Playstation 4 may be out... Which I have absolutely no intentions of getting.


Network Purchase;   Machinarium.  I still had 3.99 in my wallet from a previous PSN Purchase and it was on sale so... Why not?  It looks like a cute game.


Loveless -  8.10
Star Ocean - 17.00
PSN Plus - 50.00
Machinarium -  0.00

Total;  $75.10


The total for the month is a bit high but, I have to look at the fact that I did not and will not be ordering the Third Season of Natsume from NIS America.  I'll get more into that later though...