Thursday, May 1, 2014

April ~ Finally.




I sit here and type this after my first battle with the sewer monsters, it was probably the least stressful battle that I've had so far.  Amazingly I didn't freak out when I woke up and heard the glubbing coming from the bathtub... then saw the water.
      Was happy and surprised that the Apartment people actually decided to call the plumbers right off... guess they finally figured out that they don't have a snake big enough to conquer this sewer loving tree. Starting to think there may be two trees cramping into my line... Oh well.
      About 2 Hours to get here, then he took about 30 Minutes to fix it with just some minor yuck issue in the bathroom.  Of course, this all happened the day after I did a major cleaning of the bathroom... *sigh*  Now I wait for the carpet cleaners again and then hope the next root episode is more than a month away.
         Moving On.

Haven't really been keeping stuff up to date here, not that I've been watching a lot of Anime lately.. Final Fantasy X has been sucking up what free time I have between outside work and the normal goings on. This month has warmed up, thankfully... it's Spring and it's been... Spring like.  A little nippy here and there, but no ice storms!
Health Food!
        We actually do stuff when it starts to get warmer out, Thunder Over Louisville was on the 12th of the month and the two of us went.  Then there's the Chow Wagons.... other stuff... I like the word stuff. Stuff. Stuff. Stuff.
















Anyways, started on the makeshift apartment garden.. Eggplants are sprouting and waiting to be put into bigger pots to go outside when the weather gets a little more stable. The apartments garden crew took off the top of my Hyacinths this year and I almost cried, they lopped off part of the newly sprouting lilies too but... they survived.  The Hazards of Bulb Planting while living in an apartment.

Pansies with Lillie's in the background.


On to what this is here for....


My one and only physical buy this month...


Crimson Spell Volume 3 -  Finally, it's not being released by Kitty anymore.. switched hands over to Sublime.  They've been releasing them at a fairly steady click, I was just lucky that they are releasing them physically since Sublime is more of a digital Manga entity.
       I did not double dip on the first two volumes, this may change however since this book is of fairly high quality.  It's also bigger then the two Kitty books... which I am not sure if I like or not.  Time will tell.










Network Purchases;  I did well this month in the terms of games, I only bought one... heh.  Wasn't going to buy any, but... this barely counts as one..  Plants Vs. Zombies!.   I love this game, have it for free on the computer and always wanted it on the Playstation.  With a 99 cent price tag and 2 Dollars left over in my "Wallet".... Just couldn't pass it by.
           It's a nice get away from Final Fantasy.

Free Games!

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse- This is a remake or something of an old Sega game, you get that too when you download the free game and I just haven't looked at it.  It's.... different.  I've always found Mickey and all his buds to be a bit on the creepy side, that's why I never really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts like others do.
        I'd have never bought it, but it's nice to have for free.


Batman: Arkham City -  It's free, haven't downloaded it yet.. will eventually.  It's Batman, it can't be THAT bad.. Hey, people were excited about it for some reason. Will find out someday.




Crimson Spell 3 -                                 9.00
Plants Vs. Zombies -                              .99


Total:                                            9.99





Free Games {The Growing List}

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Darksiders
InFAMOUS 2
Quantum Conundrum
Closure
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Spec. Ops: The Line
The Cave
MALICIOUS
Labyrinth Legends
Sleeping Dogs
Knytt Underground
Pinball Arcade
Saints Row: The Third
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Uncharted 3
Little Big Planet Karting
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Hitman Absolution
ICO
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection
Galga Legions DX
Shadow of the Colossus
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
ibb & obb
Borderlands 2
DMC: Devil May Cry
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
BioShock Infinite
Remember Me
PayDay 2
Tomb Raider
Lone Survivor
Thomas Was Alone
Castle of Illusion
Batman: Arkham City




Easter!!