Monday, February 10, 2014

Ponyo





How:  Netflix Rental

Grade:   C-


Thoughts:   This was probably the third time I attempted to watch this movie, the first being before it was released dub and the second while it was on TV while dubbed.  Having such a familiar voice in the movie that is Liam Neeson kind of hurt it for me. {I will find you, and I will kill you.}
        Anyways, I did watch it in both and I do prefer the sub over all. Now, to the movie itself..

A little boy Sousuke is playing outside his house, near the beach and finds a strange looking goldfish... he puts her in a bucket and brings her home.  This is no ordinary goldfish though, she's the daughter of the sea goddess  "Granmammare" and a sea wizard Fujimoto.
     While with Sousuke she licks a cut on his hand, healing it in the process but... apparently since she sampled that human blood she can... magically start turning into a human.  This of course starts to occur after Fujimoto steals her back from Sousuke. He attempts to lock her into the goldfish form, but with the help of her goldfish siblings she escapes and goes back to Sousuke.
     Apparently, Ponyo using her powers to turn into a human form and such has created some sort of.... event.  A huge storm forms and floods the entire island that Sousuke lives on...
Goldfish!

Blah.

I don't actually want to write anymore on this one, the movie didn't really leave any great impression on me. In the end Ponyo looses her goldfish powers and becomes a human, to live with Sousuke who she loves{?}.
    Sousuke's father who works on a fishing boat or something gets home safe and all is happy... save for maybe Fujimoto who looses his daughter.
    Meh.

Ponyo does have a strange addiction to ham, which I found a little amusing...