Thursday, October 9, 2014

Knights of Ramune



Episodes:    6

How:    Netflix {Rental}

Grade:   D-


Summary:   {From MAL} To save the galaxy from impending doom, Cacao and Parfait are sent on a mission through time and space to retrieve the Fourth Warrior, Lamunes.

Unfortunately, Cacao and Parfait discover Lamunes at the helm of the marauding Giga Genos invasion fleet. World by world, Lamunes is determined to bring the entire galaxy under his tyrannical heel. With the help of a plicky orphan, it's up to Cacao and Parfait to stop Lamunes from taking over the world. 




How it is.....



      This show was bad, really, really bad.  The only thing saving it from an F grade is the fact that I've always been strangely addicted to the opening song. This wasn't the first time I watched this, but I must have blocked it from my mind from back when I was a teenager....  it is really THAT bad.
      Apparently the actual name for this part of the show, which is an OVA Series is VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fresh.  Yea, that doesn't sound stupid at all.  Meh.
     I'll be honest, this show completely and utterly confused me.  I won't even try to go into the show, there was basically nothing to explain anything besides the fact the two chicks who were naked quite a bit were virgin preistess for some psychopath that was trolling around the universe in a spaceship doing bad shit.  Oh, there was an insane robot woman that helped the crazy man as well...
   There was also some random orphan, captive, something or other that Parfait and Cocao picked up named Lemon that ended up being Lamune too or something... it was all screwed up and really the show was just made for Fanservice.
    Oh!  This was also one of the few shows that the voice actors really sucked for both... English and Japanese, it was as though they weren't even trying.  These OVAs should have never been released!

    Apparently there is a TV Show for this series as well, was made long,long before this piece of crap OVA. It was never licensed and really, I doubt I could find it... but if I feel bored sometimes maybe I will go poking around for it.